Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beginnings

YHWH Elohim took the groundling and placed him in the garden of Eden
to serve it and preserve it. Genesis 2:15

I am already a blogger at Lion Lamb, and often I touch on creation themes because I believe in a Creator as an aspect of the Trinity, and that I am part of that Creation. But through this Groundling blog, I am entering a new experiment and opportunity to explore the earthiness of my faith. I am not so heavenly minded that I can't recognize that God is the potter who has dirt under his/her fingernails, metaphorically speaking.

I plan to toss everything in here along the way: opinions, scripture, poetry, links to articles, book reviews. Often I'm unsure where to put the treasures I discover. This will be the place. There will likely be some blog spillage, the overlap from one blog to another, but I hope you will be patient.

I am borrowing my blog name without shame from William Brown's remarkable book, The Seven Pillars of Creation. He describes the adam of Genesis as a groundling or earthling. Brown's translation of Genesis 2: 15 uses the term "groundling. I am delighted to be a Groundling and I hope you are as well.

Please comment along the way about your joys and frustrations, pleasures and outrage, as a person of faith rooted in the clay of this wonderful world God has brought into being.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to following and supporting your experiment with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am an admirer of your beautiful writing/speaking, I look forward to reading more of your nuggets of wisdom and sharing of thoughts. Best of luck on this new endeavour.

    ReplyDelete